Booking and deposit
- A booking is not finalised until a deposit is made and confirmed by the school. In order to confirm your enrolment, a transfer should be made with a deposit of 50% of the final amount, unless otherwise agreed with the school.
- Lusa Language School accepts payments by bank transfer, Transferwise, Paypal, or in cash at our school. For payments through Paypal, an extra fee of 3% is charged.
- Confirmation and proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. The enrolment will be confirmed within one working day.
Bank: Caixa Geral de Depósitos
Account Name: EDUWORLD, LDA
IBAN: PT50 0035 0697 00640728730 04
BIC / SWIFT: CGDIPTPL
- Our fees include: the grammar exercise book (explanation and exercises) for group courses and other complimentary materials, advice and support for the trip, 24/7 emergency support, access to the social activities outside the school and the certificate of attendance in the end of the course.
- Our fees do not include: insurance, travel, transfers, 50 euros fee regarding accommodation logistics, or any other extra-curricular activities.
- In the event that an intensive course runs with less than three students, Lusa Language School offers three daily hours instead of four, and two daily hours instead of four. If there is only one student, the course will run with two daily hours instead of four. The price will always remain the same.
- In the event that a part-time course runs with 4 or less students, Lusa Language School offers 1 hour and 30 minutes per day instead of 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Cancellations for group courses
- Students may have the option to change their course and timetable up to two weeks before the course begins, depending on the school’s availability and teacher flexibility. This will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Lusa Language School does not refund cancelations made within two weeks of the course start-date or after the commencement of the course.
- If a student cancels 15 days before the course begins or earlier, a 100-euro administration charge will be deducted from the paid fees and the rest will be refunded. If the value of paid fees is less than 100 euros, no value will be refunded.
- No fees will be refunded for classes which are missed during the course for any reason, or for late arrival or early finish. Students can schedule a private lesson with a reduced price, or schedule a quick catch-up with the teacher in the following lesson to recover. All the materials used in the class will be sent by email.
- Students who decide to change from an intensive course to a less intensive course will not receive any refund for the difference in the price.
- Students can miss a maximum of 20% of the lessons. If the students miss more than 20% of the lessons, no certificate will be issued. This will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Cancellations for private or online lessons
- Students should notificate the school within 24h (weekly days) if they need to cancel or reschedule the lesson. In this case Lusa Language School will reschedule the lesson, depending on the teacher’s availability.
- Lusa Language School does not refund or compensate unattended lessons without notice.In case the student moves from Lisbon, private lessons can be converted to online lessons. No fees will be refunded in case the student decides to cancel the lessons.
- Lusa Language School does not refund missed lessons due to public holidays or teacher absenteeism, but will make up for the lost time through the scheduling of a replacement class.
- Lusa Language School will be closed for Christmas holidays in December 23rd, 2019 and January 3rd, 2020. Additionally, the school is closed in all Portuguese national public holidays (April 10th, April 25th, May 1st, June 10th, June 11th, October 5th, November 1st, December 1st, December 8th).
- If Lusa Language School needs to be shut unexpectedly, we will endeavour to reschedule classes which are affected.
- Students staying in Portugal for longer than 90 days may require a student visa, except EU citizens.
- The school may be able to provide some limited assistance to students when applying for a visa. Normally at least six weeks’ notice will be needed to process a visa application, but the length of time varies according to each country. If you require a visa letter from Lusa, we will require 20% of the course to be paid in advance.
- In the event that an applicant is denied a visa, the school will retain an administration fee of 120 euros.
- Lusa Language School can help you finding accommodation in Lisbon and the process has a 50 euro fee. On these cases, Lusa Language School will be the intermediate between the student and the accommodation partner.
- There are different options the students can choose from but we cannot guarantee the availability of them. The number of rooms is limited to the offer from our partners and we cannot guarantee accommodation for every student.
- Lusa Language School does not take responsibility for any flaws regarding our partners services. Nevertheless, we will do everything we can to provide a different accommodation option in case the student wishes to change.
- The payments for accommodation services shall be done directly to hosts, except other agreements with the school.
- Lusa assumes no responsibility for loss, delay, or accident of any kind whatsoever that occurs because of the fault or negligence of supporting services or people to the student, such as travel agents.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings without prior notice if the stated payment terms and conditions are not adhered to on the side of the prospective student.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings at any time, offering a full refund or a substitute of equal value.(